Package and Board Level Shielding
MG Chemicals offers conductive paints for package and board level shielding applications. At the package level, these coatings are applied directly onto board components such as ICs preventing EMI from interfering with other board components. This approach saves both cost and space by replacing larger metal stamps and lids. It can also be used in component fabrication replacing the sputter coating process of silicone wafers.
At the board level, these coatings are used to coat entire circuits where individually shielding components becomes too difficult. Here, an insulating coating is first deposited onto the PCB to electrically isolate components and a conductive topcoat is then applied. These coatings can also be used on traditional applications such as PCB housing interiors.
Features & Benefits
- Cures quickly at elevated temperatures
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Withstands wave solder temperatures exceeding 260°C
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates
- Exceptional EMI shielding
- Replacing metal stamping for board-level EMI shielding
- Replacing PVD coatings for silicon wafers
- Package-level and board-level shielding
842UR Package Level Shielding – 1-part silver conductive polyurethane paint with exceptional conductivity at film thicknesses as low as 7 microns. Suitable for board-level and package-level shielding.