4228 - Dielectric Coating
4228 is a highly insulating dielectric coating with excellent arc and corona resistance. It is a low viscosity, 1-part coating that is easy to use and adheres well to many substrates.
This dielectric coating also protects transformers, coils, motor windings, and various electric generator parts against arc, corona, corrosion, and moisture.
For a clear version see 4226, for our HAPs-free version see 4228A.
Features & Benefits
- High dielectric strength – 3 000 V/mil (dry); 1 500 V/mil (wet)
- Insulation Class H – Suitable for service up to 180 °C
- Excellent oil and moisture resistance
- Excellent finish – tough, flexible, glossy, and durable red coat
- Good water and saltwater resistance
- Good adhesion
- High gloss
Safety Data Sheet
|WARNING! This product can expose you to chemicals including ethylbenzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.|