9200 - Structural Epoxy Adhesive
9200 is a 2-part structural adhesive designed to create long-lasting load-bearing joints. It adheres strongly to metals, plus a wide range of materials that are difficult to bond to, including glass, ceramics, wood, engineered thermoplastics, and thermoset laminates, such as SMC (sheet molding compound) and GRP (glass-reinforced plastics). It evenly distributes stress throughout the entire bonded area and is especially useful for joining dissimilar materials that will experience thermal cycling stresses.
This structural epoxy adhesive creates tough vibration-resistant bonds, making it an ideal auto body panel adhesive. It is the best glue for aluminum and works well when used as an automotive structural adhesive or automotive panel adhesive.
9200 provides excellent electrical insulation, and protects against static discharge, thermal shock, galvanic corrosion, environmental humidity, salt water, fungus, and many harsh chemicals. It is smooth, non-sagging and thixotropic, so it is excellent for use on vertical surfaces and for gap filling.
It is also useful for potting electronics in enclosures with gaps where a non-thixotropic encapsulant would flow through. 9200 is viscous, yet flowable enough to be dispensed from a syringe. The 50ml size may be used with a mixing tip when dispensing with a caulking gun or pressurized system.
Features & Benefits
- 1:1 mix ratio
- Working time: 30 min
- Cure time: 48 hrs at room temperature or 1.5 hrs at 65 °C (149 °F)
- Excellent bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Extreme resistance to vibration and temperature cycling
- Superior tensile, compressive and lap shear strength
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent electrical insulating characteristics
- Non-sagging and gap-filling
- Ideal for bonding dissimilar materials
- Low shrinkage
- RoHS 3 compliant