408B - Rubber Renue (CARB compliant)
This product has been discontinued.
This product has been replaced with our 408C Rubber Renue
The 408B Rubber Renue is CARB compliant and restores old rubber parts that have become hard and lost their tackiness and flexibility. It causes the rubber to swell, allowing dirt to come out of its pores. When the solvent dries, the rubber returns to its form and remains tacky, allowing rollers and platens to retain their grip.
Applications & Usages
The 408B restores the tackiness of platens and rollers as well as helping remove dirt, ink, and sticky residues. It may also restore the flexibility of belts, conveyors, and seals.
Rubber Renue works by causing the rubber cells of belts, platens and rollers to swell. This swelling allows dirt, particles, and contaminants to be easily wiped away. Once the Rubber Renue has completely evaporated, the rubber cells shrink back to normal and the surface is refreshed and ready for service.
Rubber Renue TM is a blend of highly volatile solvents. These solvents should not be breathed or used within a non-ventilated environment. Clean parts in an outside environment or under adequate ventilation exhausted safely outside the building.
The product performs best when used as follows:
- Use gloves, and appropriate safety measures to prevent breathing fumes.
- Take a clean dust free cloth and apply a small amount (just enough to dampen cloth) of Rubber Renue onto cloth surface
- Apply portion of cloth dampened with Rubber Renue onto Platen, Roller, or belt and wipe until surface is clean.
- Allow part to dry until the Rubber Renue has completely evaporated.
Store cloth in a sealed container after Rubber Renue TM has evaporated, until it can be washed or discarded.
ATTENTION! This product utilizes strong solvents and is intended for use in professional maintenance and repair operations.
Features & Benefits
- Rejuvenates old, dry, and hard rubber
- Restores tackiness, flexibility, and elasticity
- CARB Compliant
|Catalog Number||Net Weight||Net Volume||Packaging|
|408B-1L||841 g (1.85 lb)||945 mL (1.99 pt)||Can|
Safety Data Sheet
|WARNING! This product can expose you to chemicals including ethylbenzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.|