RTV162 - Silicone Glue
RTV162 is a one-component, ready-to-use, electronics grade silicone glue that has excellent mechanical properties, making it an ideal white silicone sealant. It releases a neutral vapor as a byproduct of cure, and can be used to bond metallic electronics components.
This silicone-based glue is a spreadable paste and cures to a tough, resilient silicone rubber on exposure to atmospheric moisture at room temperature.
Because it utilizes a moisture cure system, this white silicone sealant must not be used in thicknesses greater than 6mm (1/4 in). Where section depths exceed 6mm (1/4 in.) we recommend using Momentive Performance Materials’ one-component addition cure or two-component silicone rubber compounds.
Features & Benefits
- Non-corrosive to electronics metals, including copper and brass
- Low odor cure releases an alcohol vapor from the sealant surface
- UL94 HB Recognition – File No. E-36952
- Retains elastomeric properties for long periods at temperatures ranging from -60°C (-75°F) to 205°C (400°F) and for short periods up to 260°C (500°F)
- Cures at room temperature
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
- Excellent resistance to moisture, dust, dirt, UV, ozone and chemicals
|MG #||Momentive #||Min QTY 1||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 2||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 3||Cost 3 (USD)|