RTV167- Gray Silicone
RTV167 is a one-component, ready-to-use, electronics grade gray silicone from Momentive Performance Materials.
It has a high strength paste consistency and can be applied to vertical and overhead surfaces where pourable/self-leveling sealants are not practical.
This silicone bonding adhesive cures to a tough, resilient silicone rubber on exposure to atmospheric moisture at room temperature. It releases a neutral vapor as a byproduct of curing, and can be used to bond metallic electronics components. It is commonly used for sealing, insulating, bonding, and formed-in-place gasketing. It is also an ideal choice when a gray silicone caulk is needed for filling cracks or gaps.
Because it utilizes a moisture cure system, this gray silicone adhesive must not be used in thicknesses greater than 6mm (1/4 in). Where section depths exceed 6mm (1/4 in.) we recommend using Momentive Performance Materials’ one-component addition cure or two-component silicone rubber compounds.
RTV162 (white), RTV5818 (translucent) and 1035 (translucent) are our other electronics grade silicone adhesives.
RTV102 (white), RTV103 (black), RTV106 (red, high temperature), and RTV108 (clear) are our general-purpose silicone adhesive sealants.
Our silicone-based products portfolio also includes silicone potting compounds and silicone conformal coatings.
We also offer epoxy adhesives, epoxy potting compounds, and polyurethane potting compounds.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent silicone sealant for electronics
- Non-corrosive to electronics metals, including copper and brass
- Low odor cure releases an alcohol vapor from the sealant surface
- UL94 HB Recognition – File No. E-36952
- Retains elastomeric properties for long periods at temperatures ranging from -60°C (-75°F) to 205°C (400°F) and for short periods up to 260°C (500°F)
- Cures at room temperature
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
|MG #||Momentive #||Min QTY 1||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 2||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 3||Cost 3 (USD)|
Safety Data Sheet
For Industrial Use Only in Canada, California, and other States with similar VOC regulations